WHY STEWARDSHIP DEPARTMENT EXIST IN THE ADVENTIST STRUCTURE AND HOW IT IMPACT THE CHURCH IN PNGUM.
To be Spirit filled church, always growing, excelling and leading in all aspects of our ministry.
The mission of the SDA church in PNG is to make disciples (Mathew 28: 18-20), and witness in the context of the three angles message (Revelation 14:6-12) through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
The SDA church highly values the bible, people and unity among the body of Christ. We believe that every person deserves respect and dignity because of the infinite value God has placed on every individuals. Through God’s grace, every person is gifted and needed for the diverse activities of the church in serving humanity.
The underlying values that motivate and guide the church in its ministry endeavors are:
• Love for God
Serving God’s way
Rendering heart and soul service
Empowering people to glorify God
Serving with wholeheartedly
Serving with honesty
DEPARTMENT VISION STATEMENT
The vision of the Stewardship Department is to acknowledge and facilitate the individual, corporate and leadership dimensions of faithfulness to God. As we succeed, the stewardship department of the future will result in the following characteristics:
• A growing and consistent vision of biblical stewardship
• A growing staff of world church stewardship leaders
• A resourcing tool to help pastors and lay leaders to assist and lead their church members in a more integrated Christian walk.
• A paradigm shift to a vibrant stewardship initiative aimed at transforming people’s lives spiritually, economically, socially, emotionally which leads to improving the level of faithfulness and accountability amongst the church goers.
• An empowering journey of faith, growing individual to have complete dependency and faithfulness in God.
DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Stewardship Department is to emphasize the Lordship of Jesus Christ, to enhance the integration of the gospel into the Christian lifestyle, to encourage faithful stewardship and to facilitate the individual, corporate and leadership dimensions of stewardship as partnership with God.
STEWARDSHIP & CHURCH GROWTH MOTO
“GOD FIRST IN EVERTHING WE DO” (MATHEW 6:33).
Reach up, In Knowing Christ, Loving Christ, Reach out, In Sharing Christ, Serving Christ and Reach in, Growing in Christ into Maturity. This is a Step beyond baptism by nurturing new disciples who then become the disciple makers.
• Our Mission is by knowing and loving Christ, we share Christ by making disciples.
• Sharing Christ create Membership, who becomes God’s people, a powerful movement.
• Serving Christ becomes your love response that leads to active Ministry.
• Growing in Christ leads to Maturity and preparing people for heavenly citizenship.
• Magnifying is the ultimate goal to reach by Glorifying Christ and Worship Him now here on earth in preparation for eternal joy, praise and worship in Heaven.
This involvement and partnering with Christ in His stewardship ministry leads an individual soul to love God more as he or she awaits for the greater reward when the Master returns.